Wednesday, January 10, 2007

some crap part 2

Ah! What a morning, the birds are singing! The sun is shining! And even the castigating tone of the newspaper slandering the Indian Cricket team for their debacle in South Africa seemed sweet to me and the reason that I was so chirpy was that I was going to take the car out that day. You might think what’s there to be so elated about taking a car but iam a driving aficionado. It thrills me to take the drivers seat of my sexy blue colored Maruti Swift, turn on an AR Rehman number on the Sony Xplod system(“paatshaala” would be the best) and hit the road . We were having some stupid medical electronics lab class at about 2pm and we planned that we would start as soon as the 4th hour class was over, fill our stomachs with chettinad cuisine and then whiz along.

So I went and asked my mom if I could take the car out and she declined the offer with a big “NO”. I was devastated. You anticipate something for a long time and when it doesn’t happen you feel irked to the core. At this point I grew highly restless and petulant, kicked at everything I saw, resisted food and went away after slamming the door. I met my friend abhinay at the bus stop. The big problem with me is that if I’m extremely pissed off, I just show it out on anybody in my way .But this is not the case with abhinay. We have known each other for a long time and follow a gentlemanly code of conduct. I have never seen him lose his cool or fret at something so it would be unfair if I were to show my anger on him. We started talking about some of our goofy teachers and used the deadliest of expletives

I entered the college and was geared up to vent my spleen on anybody who makes a mention about the car. I stepped inside the class. Everyone was present. Anand was my first victim. He asked in a jocular tone “Hey man, where did you park the car today?” to which I exploded “What the hell is it to you where I park it you fucking asshole!” He just smiled and went away. This is one of the best qualities of Anand .He never takes anything to his heart. I mean ,he helps me to a great extent be it electronics or GRE , and here I’m rebuking him in the most indecent manner and I can guarantee you that even if I don’t apologize, he would treat me with the same friendliness. When Aravind put forth a question, I just ignored him. Next on the list was Rrk. I could hear Cibi, who was sitting behind me; speaking some frivolous stuff and my heart ached to give him one of my doses. A couple of days back, during the lunch break, he tried to catch the attention of everybody in the class by childishly experimenting with a god damn worm. But he too is a very enterprising character. When you have a bromidic class like networks or microwave circuits, you never know how time flies when you sit with him. During such time, our main topic of discussion would be Hollywood movies and acting legends like Al Pacino, Kevin Spacey, Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman, De Niro and the list goes on. Kumar probably understood my state of mind and decided it to be wise to keep his mouth shut.

It was 8:40 am right now and no teacher came. Every minute I seemed to be incensed
to a new level. The medical lab staff came and spoke something to our class rep. The rep went to the front, showed his shiny white teeth for about 10 seconds and made an announcement that the lab was only for the first half of the class. What an irony! I fall into the second half and no wonder there was a hidden reason behind me not able to take the car. It’s really amazing what kind of games the one above you can play with you. Anyway we didn’t cancel the plan of going to the hotel and we had a sumptuous treat there. So this is me in my most frustrated form and my parents and many friends have expressed their grievances against it. Each day is a fight against this peevish character of mine and I hope that it dies away one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home